Happy New Year!!!
How did you ring in?
We ended up at home with nachos, wine, and there may or may not have been a dance party. But we definitely passed out before midnight!
I must say, I’m really glad a new year is upon us. I have mixed feelings about last year and I’m ready to take the reigns with a fresh start! Aside from some stressors at work last year, I was really having the time of my life and thriving in Savannah. There have been some great things about my move, but in terms of my productivity and motivation, I feel like I’ve lost some momentum and focus here in Vermont and am determined to get it back and then some with the new year!
After answering these 10 important questions (highly recommend!), I was ready to move forward to the next step of formulating my goals for new year.
First, I broke my goals down into categories and created a list of things I’d like to focus on or accomplish in each category.
Then, I looked for common threads throughout the different categories to come up with my top three overarching goals for this year. (The Trinity!)
Next, I took it a step further to establish a theme for the year and slogan for the year to really bring things together and express my desires for the year ahead!
Here’s what I’ve got in store! Bring it!
- Take better care of my hair and skin
- Increase my iron intake and absorption (I’m anemic)
- Find a supplement regimen that supports my goals and needs
- Run both a spring/summer and fall/winter half marathon!
- Complete Bodybuilding.com’s 12 week transformation challenge with great success (decrease body fat, increase lean muscle mass, and shed a few of my VT lb’s!)
- Follow a weightlifting training plan all the way through
- Practice yoga once a week
- Get certified! I’m starting my AFAA Group Fitness Certification this week!
- Figure out where I fit in the education world
- Land a paid freelancing gig
- Get another part time job that I’m passionate about in the next two months
- Improve my organizational skills & systems
- Study Chinese once a week
- Create a budget to help pay down my debt (student loans, grr!)
- Start doing video!
- Increase SWH readership
- Create a consistent post schedule
- Write more personal posts
- Network with more bloggers and companies I support
- Streamline my social media schedule so I don’t spend so much time attached to my phone!
- Plan my wedding (and honeymoon!)! Date is 09/06/15! Labor Day Weekend, my friends. Any wedding planning tips? SEND IT!
- Travel to Savannah at least twice!
- Visit my BFF Aubin in London
- Go to NYC to hang with my sis every few months
- Focus on my own personal style – I haven’t paid much attention to fashion lately but it’s coming back to me! I miss having great, funky pieces that bring out my personality and stand out in a crowd!
- Be proactive and purposeful about figuring out my next career move and find the right job
- Get in the best shape of my life to date
- Fill my time with meaningful, fun, activities that will help me grow as a person and ENJOY myself
- LIVE BOLD
- DESIGN YOUR PURPOSE
- BEST SELF
- “The Year of the Personal Best”
I chose this slogan not just because it relates to running speak (Your Personal Best or Personal Record is your fastest time for any given distance) but because I really want to do my best and reap the benefits of all the hard work I plan on putting in. I visualize myself thriving in my career path, taking my health and fitness to the next level, and enjoying the healthiest and happiest times of my life thus far!
It feels good to have my intentions written out and to think out loud! (Thanks, Amanda!)
Cheers to all the personal bests this year has in store!
Wicked Healthy Wonderings: If you were to choose a theme or slogan for new year, what would it be??!