Hi! Happy April!
How are you? Any April Fools jokes going on over there?
I almost pulled one on Dan (I was going to try and buy a plastic bug and put it in his overnight oats) but I didn’t and then I confessed that I was going to pull one and told him exactly what it was. I’m a child.
Anyway, I’m back in Vermont after a few really nice days at home in New Hampshire. It was one of the most chill and relaxed visits we’ve had in a while. We didn’t busy ourselves with trying to fit tons of stuff in – we just hung out with family! It was great and much needed.
Today I’m back at it and ready to rock! Dan and I have some big plans for April – we’re kicking off a month of clean eating and no dining out! We’re going to do our best to clean up our diet and cut our spending on meals out. I’m actually really excited for both!
We’ve also got an updated training plan and 2 days a week we’re doing an all out total body circuit. My favorite one so far has been exactly what I’m sharing with you today! This one is pretty heavy on the legs, so on our other total body day, we change up the moves to balance it out.
I call it the Triple Threat Tabata Workout because it consists of three moves that are crazy intense! Also, with these three moves, you’re doing plyo, cardio, and strength work. Winning!
Here she is, folks!
This one absolutely smokes us every time (in the best possible way!) It’s definitely one of the most all out physically challenging workouts in my rotation – so if you’re a beginner, this might not be the best option for you at this time – although, you can modify the moves which I’ll talk about below!
Here are some tips to make the workout safe & effective:
- Tabata is a fast moving workout, but don’t rush these moves. FOCUS ON YOUR FORM.
- Breathe properly
- Tighten your core
- When doing box jumps, land softly!
- Perform these moves on a surface that is not slippery!
- Box jumps with modification – I’ve actually been using a plyo box because that’s what my gym has
- Bosu burpee – feel free to do a modified burpee if you’re more of a beginner!
- Squat jumps with weights – this video doesn’t show the jump but it shows the correct squat form with the weights. It’s a narrow squat, and when you go down, rather than just going back up to a standing position, you jump up and then land softly right back into a squat!
All right then! There ya have it – one of my favorite killer workouts that sure to kick your you know what! 🙂 Be sure to visit the Wild Workout Wednesday and Workout Wednesday Linkups for more workouts to try!
Hope you have a great day, and cheers to a beautiful April!
*Disclaimer: I am not a fitness professional. This workout is simply something I created based on my own knowledge and experience. Please consult with your doctor or trainer before attempting any new workouts!*